Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Please be aware by using this website and booking any service with What I’m Cooking Now (hereafter “Marina Boldrini Rivelis” and/or “I” and/or “me”) you are agreeing to the following terms of service (the “Agreement”).
FoodServe Certification and Insurance
Upon request I can show you proof of insurance and ServSafe® Manager Certification that provides the required food safety training to foodservice managers.
When and how do I pay you?
I accept Venmo, Paypal, cash, or checks.
Your service is booked on our calendar when 100% payment is received. Please be aware that this will be an estimate considering the hours that will be needed to prepare your menu. I will gladly work to meet your hourly requirements however I cannot guarantee how long a menu item will take. I will try to be completely accurate and I guarantee honesty in case additional charges need to be made.
What is your cancellation policy?
Three business days in advance notice is required before you cancel your meal service without incurring in any fees.
Client Services Agreement
Our Agreement is within the scope of the terms agreed upon menu, venue, people attending an event, etc. If anything changes or is outside of the agreed scope there will be a fee charged.
• The agreed menu and charges do not include groceries.
The proposed menu sent to you needs to be accepted by email or text confirmation. Once accepted, additional menu ideas or changes should be addressed know as soon as possible, and at least 24 hours before services will be provided.
• By accepting the menu and services (and groceries if included), you are entering a legal agreement with me to provide the services as indicated on the menu and for your payment.
• You must supply a key or garage code for me in case you are not going to be home.
• Cancellations made after the 3 business day period will incur a penalty of 100% of the quoted price plus the cost of groceries if already purchased.
If you fail to pay any amounts due under this Agreement for our services or for groceries, you agree that such amounts will accrue interest at the maximum rate allowed by law from and after our notice to you that payment is overdue and, in addition to such costs, you are responsible for any costs of collection of such amounts, including, attorneys’ fees.
At my sole discretion, I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, with or without cause or reason.
What you can expect from me:
• Show up on the agreed date and time for the cooking session prepared to work. I will arrive in a 30 minute window discussed in the initial consultation.
• I will be dressed in appropriate attire and will bring disposable gloves for food preparation and meat thermometer.
• Disinfect the kitchen with cleaning products before and after the cooking.
• Clean the affected areas of the kitchen during and after the cooking session.
• Handle and store fruits, vegetables, meats and seafood appropriately.
• Respect your privacy and property.
• Provide confidentiality between me and/or your nutritionist and you.
• Provide advance notice of any unforeseen cancellation by me.
• Upon our departing from your kitchen, package and label your food with any pertinent instructions.
• In order to provide the best possible service for you and for safety reasons, I will not be able to answer the phone or the door or be responsible for work people in the home.
Once a meal is turned over to the client, it is your responsibility to properly handle and maintain. I will not be responsible for problems that may occur with your refrigerator/ freezer, or due to improper handling or storage of food.
I will not responsible for any illness or death due to manufacturing flaws or recalled products. I will inspect all groceries, but is not responsible for conditions unknown or unforeseen.
It is recommended that frozen food that is to be eaten be defrosted properly in the microwave or defrosted in the refrigerator overnight. Defrosting food in the microwave should only be done if you plan on immediately heating and consuming the food. Otherwise, use the refrigerator.
If it is discovered that a product is contaminated or has been recalled, I will promptly contact you and advise to avoid the item.
• I highly recommend a food thermometer and is required that food is reheated to food safety reheating recommendations.
Limitation on Damages
In no event I shall be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages of any kind resulting from its performance or failure to perform pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
• While we I am a cook I am not a medical doctor, nor certified nutritionist.
• I do not provide medical advice. You acknowledge that I have advised you to seek the advice of your doctor or other health care provider if you have any medical questions.